Vocational Instructor - Norfolk, VA
The Home Builders Institute (HBI) is looking for a Vocational Instructor for its Workforce Training & Employment department, located in Norfolk.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, instructs program participants in Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT). Trains program participants in facilities maintenance and/or specific trades skills. Provides assessment of potential participants, and assessment of individual participant's progress. Accountable for participant's ability to perform satisfactorily when placed on the job at the completion of training. Handles confidential information.
- High School Diploma/equivalent
- Five years experience in construction trades
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of industry and human service groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate effectively with students.
- Current valid state driver's license.
- Active CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
- Experience using computers and MS Office software.
Want to know more? Click here.
Resumes should be sent to Jeremy Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org.