Painter - TIW Group - Chesapeake, VA 23323
Job Title: Painter
Summary: Performs all painting duties in a timely and efficient manner, to include: sanding, stripping and spackling.
1. Prepares work area by properly erecting scaffolding and ladders.
2. Performs inside and outside painting duties utilizing standard paint equipment, to include:
- preparing paint by mixing components accurately
- preparing surfaces before painting
- applying specified coatings of paint
3. Applies technical knowledge of all coating materials to ensure acceptable application.
4. Disposes of residual materials appropriately.
5. Reports to management when the work is completed and/or if there are problems/discrepancies with the jobs.
6. Maintains work area in a neat and clean manner.
7. Reports customer inquiry regarding jobs as needed.
8. Regularly lifts up to 75lbs, performs work from high ladders and scaffolding, and works hours as necessary (which may include evenings and weekends).
9. Understands and follows OSHA safety guidelines.
10. Completes any other duties as assigned.
Mandatory: Must possess a clean & current driver’s license to be able to operate Company vehicle.
Must be able to pass EEO/Drug Testing & Criminal Background Check
Preferred/Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or College preferred
Minimum 3 years’ experience required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position, Monday through Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm.
Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions and inclement weather at construction job sites, to include heat, humidity, and low temperatures. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance in both indoor and outdoor environments, to include office, warehouse, and construction job sites.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear mask and protective gear daily.
- painting: 3 years (Required)
- Chesapeake, VA 23323 (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Have you worked in Construction Industry? Please Explain.
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place